This GREAT project was submitted to us by Janlia C. of ©DIY Gift Package. Use this simple and easy craft template to create a fun gift box or a cool toy. Economical, high-quality design and versatile template which you can easily print out and use for many different craft activities. This template makes a fun Truck Box approximately 116mm(W) X 60mm(H). For bigger sized Trucks, you can also download the free template with full colored instructions at
www.diygiftpackage.com and also get more ideas by joining the creative newsletter.
A4 or Letter sized cardboard (color of your choice)
Scissors and craft knife
Crayons or Paints
1) Print the template on the cardboard stock. Make sure you print on the 'bad' or 'ugly' side of the cardboard so the template will result in the inside of the truck.
2) Score along the fold lines (dotted lines) for easier folding and cut out the truck shape.
3) Using a craft knife (Kids, get an adult's help!) cut out the lines indicated in red on the "back" and "base" panels.
4) Fold along the fold lines and pop out the wheels off the "base" panel by folding the "side" and "base" panels up (see Fig. 1).
5) Glue the "base" panel to the other "side" panel by applying glue to the strip of the "base" panel (see Fig. 2).
6) Stand the truck up and glue down the "front" panel to the glue strips of the "side" panels (see Fig. 3).
7) You can now place a gift inside the truck and close the back doors by sliding the semi-circle into the straight-line cut on the "back" panels.(The truck opens and closes just like a real truck!)
8) Using color crayon or paints, decorate your Truck Box by adding windows, door handles, lights, license plate and tyres. (You can also paint the name of the recipient on the truck or license plate if using as a gift box!)
Copyright 2003 ©DIY Gift Package. All Rights Reserved.
All logos, trademarks, pictures and templates
are owned by DIY Gift Package.
The Crafty PC
- Matching Your Creativity with Today's Technology
Copyright © 2000-2013 The Crafty PC, LLC. All Rights Reserved.